Sonic Pi Atom/Pulsar integration. Based on rkh/atom-sonic.
This package provides the following services:
This package consumes the following services:
Sonic Pi Atom/Pulsar integration
This package is a frontend to the Sonic Pi server, and allows you to write and run your Sonic Pi code within Atom or Pulsar. 😃
|This package is a hobby project and may not be regularly maintained. This is not an official package. Compatibility with Pulsar is experimental.
- Control Sonic Pi from Atom/Pulsar:
- Play some code
- Stop the current runs
- Save a file and tell Sonic Pi to play it - allowing for playback of large files
- Play a selection
- Ability to change some audio, IO and logging settings
- View the Sonic Pi logs
- Keyboard shortcuts (similar to Sonic Pi's shortcuts) to activate the commands
- Integration with the tool-bar package
- Auto-completions for (most) synths, FX, and samples (not nearly as well integrated as the official Sonic Pi GUI though)
- Very partial syntax highlighting and snippets for Sonic Pi functions
- Quick command to access the online tutorial from your web browser
- Sonic Pi v4.0 needs to be installed. Due to internal differences between versions, older versions of Sonic Pi are not supported.
- [Optional] The tool-bar package for Atom needs to be installed to use the toolbar functionality.
- Go to the sb-atom-sonic-pi settings and change the Root Path to where Sonic Pi is installed on your system.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+P and run the Start Server command
- Open a text file and change the syntax language to Sonic Pi
- Get coding!
- Run the Shutdown Server command when you're done.
Commands and Default Key Bindings
|Start the Sonic Pi server
|Shutdown the Sonic Pi server
|Sends content of the currently open buffer to Sonic Pi for instant playback.
|Saves the current file and tells Sonic Pi to play the file. Allows for playback of large buffers. (If used with an untitled file, it opens a save-as dialog box to allow you to save the file.)
|Sends currently selected text to Sonic Pi for instant playback.
|Tells Sonic Pi to stop all playback.
|Toggle the log view
|Open the online Sonic-Pi tutorial in your system's web browser (https://sonic-pi.net/tutorial)
- This package was originally forked from rkh/atom-sonic
- Some code in this package comes from euwbah/sonic-pi-autocomplete and atom/language-ruby
- This package uses @sunderb/sonic-pi-js-api, which is heavily based on the official C++ Sonic Pi API
This package is licensed under the MIT License. See LICENSE.md for the full license.